Host a Phone Breakup Party
the more, the merrier...
Want to make your phone breakup more fun—and more effective? Host a phone breakup party. It's an interactive evening designed to help you and your friends, colleagues, relatives, community groups and book club members develop better relationships with your devices.
Step 1: Get the book.
- Individual orders: Amazon | B&N | Indiebound | Google Books | iBooks
- Bulk orders (discounts available):
- By phone: 1.800.733.3000 (Press 2 for the next available Customer Service rep.)
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Get the downloads
Here are some resources you can use to get your breakup party started (and to spread the word about what you've done):
- Conversation Starters
- Writing Prompts
- Lock screen downloads—set these images as your phone's lock screen as a way to remind yourself think before you check
- "I'm breaking up with my phone to ______" printable signs to fill in and post on social media
- Social media profile overlays
Step 3: Invite Your Friends
You can create your own invitation, or send one using the form on this site.
Step 4: Have the party!
When guests arrive, ask them to leave their phones at the door. You might want to put out a stack of envelopes and markers that guests can use as temporary "sleeping bags" for their devices.