How to Host a Phone Breakup Party
Want to make your phone breakup more fun—and more effective? Host a phone breakup party. It's an interactive evening designed to help you and your friends, colleagues, relatives, community groups and book club members develop better relationships with your devices.
Step 1: Get the book.
- Individual orders: Amazon | B&N | Indiebound | Google Books | iBooks
- Bulk orders (discounts available): By phone: 1.800.793.2665 / By email: email@example.com
Step 2: Get the downloads
Here are some resources you can use to get your breakup party started (and to spread the word about what you've done):
- Conversation Starters/Writing Prompts
- Lock screen downloads—set these images as your phone's lock screen as a way to remind yourself think before you check
- "I'm breaking up with my phone to ______" printable signs to fill in and post on social media
- Social media profile overlays
Step 3: Sign up for the Break Up Challenge
Step 4: Have the party!
When guests arrive, ask them to leave their phones at the door. (You could use a basket, or even put out a stack of envelopes and markers that guests can use as temporary "sleeping bags" for their devices.) Have some food, have some drinks, and when the time feels right, use the conversation prompts to get things started!
Note: if you want to invite someone in a non-confrontational way, you can send them this video invitation
Have you thrown your own break-up party? Share your suggestions using the comments form.